Monday, July 27, 2009

Worry-wart

I have an enormous backlog of fines at the library of trouble, as I am a frequent borrower. I realize that the tenor of my thoughts today is sardonic, (the tenor is sardonic, not the thoughts… see, English grammar mini-lesson). So I am sharing a verse paraphrased into a blog description: Matthew 6:34 – “Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.” Live your day today, take care of today’s issues today; tomorrow will be here all too soon, bringing its own set of trials and special moments. Worrying about tomorrow will only get you to waste today, and won’t help a bit. If I were good at this, I would be one cool cucumber, I tell ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment