Monday, July 27, 2009

A daily dose of derisive direction

How many of us write to the great unknown of the interwebs, despite the nagging knowledge of its inherent futility? Maybe I’ll be funny, maybe I’ll hone my writing skills, maybe I’ll feel connected or important to the world at large, maybe I’ll eventually get some ad revenue. All of these have gone through my head, and none are the right reason for me, because they aren’t completely true. My reason for writing: I like being on the computer and I’m just in it for the kicks and giggles.

In about a month I will have my own desk, although likely to also be overrun with mail and purses and key rings and a myriad of other minutia, I plan on setting up my laptop and my tablet, and learning to draw with it. A comic strip may be just the thing to prove that I can neither draw nor be humorous, but I am determined to finally find myself out. If I create anything postable, you can fully expect it to be of the MarioPaint quality, so that’s something to be excited about.

As far as daily tidbits of guidance that anyone could deliver, I will likely wax poetical on life with kiddos, underachieving amateur photography, bargain shopping, controlled carbohydrate cooking, and moving households. And possibly anything else I feel like, since I cannot deny that this is an exercise in egocentrism.

Until the next blurb, I sincerely hope you are having a good day.

XXOO
Stace

No comments:

Post a Comment