Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Evening rambles

As I sit here, family in bed above me, I read article after article of depressing and morbid news stories. I feel I could easily sink into despair… mothers losing children to swine flu, inner-city violence and personal cannibalistic demons. It’s a living nightmare, life on this earth, a living nightmare! I have prayed for a few folks in particular articles, and I hope others have too. What else is there in this world that’ll do any good?

The hubs is sicky tonight, so I need to make sure I am good and tired before I go up and keep him awake with my tossing to and fro. Even something a little more light-hearted wouldn’t cover the memory of my news reading tonight. Ugh. I am between novels, so I do not know what to start and therefore am relegated to late-night online “window” shopping to lull me into a sleepy stupor. It's funny, no matter how tired I am during the day, when someone starts feeling sick a mommy-doser of adrenaline keeps me jumping. I feel calm despite the elevated heart rate, and I believe it’s God helping me be a mommy, because that is part of what I pray for, since I am well aware that I can do none of it on my own.

The stinky gray-man is playing the headrest this evening, and I will smile at that while I can; we will not be here late nights for long. To my sweeties upstairs I blow kisses and sogni d’oro. To the rest of you dearies, peace be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment